top of page

Contractors Insurance

We have been arranging insurance for various contractors for over 30 years and have access to all the major insurance products as well as specialist schemes in the market.  We make sure we understand your needs so that we can help you find the products that suit those needs.

We can arrange cover for a sole trader, right up to a large company employing numerous trades.  

We know we add real value insofar as our clients’ insurance arrangements are concerned. The personal service we provide is very different from that offered by most others.

Please find details of the types of insurance that we believe you as a contractor should consider below.  Remember if you want to discuss any of these products give us a call or send us an email and we can call you.​

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance is the most common type of insurance taken out by small businesses.


A public liability policy covers your business if someone is injured in some way by your business, or if you damage third-party property when carrying out work. If you do not have a public liability policy you could be required to pay legal fees as well as damages if you accidentally damage someone's property whilst working or even worse if someone gets injured. We offer policies with a limit of indemnity to suit you ranging from £1 million to £10 million.

Employers Liability Insurance

Employers liability is a legal requirement if your business employs one or more people. 


Employers liability insurance protects you against the cost of compensation claims arising from employee illness or injury, sustained as a result of their work for you.

Each day without the cover could see your business being fined of up to £2,500 per day. 

Contract Works - All Risk Insurance

Contract Works Insurance provides cover if the property being worked on is damaged.

We can tailor our Contract Works to include cover for own plant which will include cover for any of your own plant, scaffolding, site huts or temporary buildings that are owned or hired by you. 


It can also include Hired In Plant which provides protection when the owner of equipment you have hired in will hand over responsibility for any damage to or theft of the machinery.

Tool Insurance

Tools can be crucial to you business, particularly to those in the construction industry and to independent tradesmen. Tools insurance provides protection to your hand-tools, power-tools and equipment for loss, damage or theft. We can also provide cover for tools that are stored in a vehicle overnight and tools whilst they are in transit.

Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance

Commercial Legal Protection is designed to help protect your business and employees during everyday legal disputes, providing support, advice and cover against legal costs. 


Typical types of cover include:

  • Employee Disputes

  • Personal Injury

  • Contracts disputes over the sale or purchase of goods or services

  • HMRC tax enquiry

  • Property Damage, nuisance or trespass

  • Legal Defense

  • Jury Service & Witness Appeal

You will also be provided with a 24 hour Legal and Tax advice line as well as access to a counselling helpline for you and your employees.

Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident insurance is an insurance policy that provides compensation in the event of injuries, disability or death caused solely by violent, accidental, external and visible events. You can purchase Personal Accident for yourself or a group policy for your employees, protecting you and them anywhere in the world. 


Personal Accident cover usually includes a lump sum pay-out in the event of:

  • Accidental death

  • Permanent disablement

  • Temporary total or partial disablement

  • Medical expenses

  • Funeral expenses

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance helps protect professional advice, and service, providing individuals and companies from bearing the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client, and damages awarded in such a civil lawsuit.


The cover focuses on alleged failure to perform on the part of, financial loss caused by, and error or omission in the service or product sold by the policyholder.


Professional liability insurance is required by law in some areas for certain kinds of professional practice (especially medical and legal), and is also sometimes required under contract by other businesses that are the beneficiaries of the advice or service.

Employers Liability Insurance
Contract Works - All Risk Insurance
Tool Insurance
Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance
Personal Accident Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance
London City

Some Of Our Trusted Insurance Partners

Aviva Insurance Logo
Allianz Insurance Logo
AXA Insurance Logo
RSA Insurance Logo
bottom of page